brake fluid (2)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: brake fluid (2)
From: samuelsma@aol.com
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 19:19:50 -0400
Listers:

Thanks for your comments on getting the pistons back into the calipers to allow
pad installation (anything has to be better than using toothed Vice Grips!).
When I read the responses, it appeared to me that some (all?) of you are
removing the calipers when changing pads.  Is that correct?  I don't know if I
could fit a C-clamp into the area, because I did not remove the caliper.  There
isn't much room between the disk and the caliper piston to fit a clamp into.
On my Porsche, pads slide in and out without caliper removal.  Should I remove
the caliper on the 6 when changing pads?

Michael
All on demand. Always Free.