Re: [6pack] EDis

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Subject: Re: [6pack] EDis
From: James Franks <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:40:00 -0400
Yes, it is the 36-1 wheel. That's 36 teeth with one missing tooth which
EDIS uses to locate TDC. EDIS is wasted spark, so the ignition doesn't
care which cylinder is on compression at TDC. It fires the coil and the
one with most resistance, ie the one on compression, gets the high
energy spark.It's a very ingenious system I think.

Everything you want to know about EDIS (and more probably!) is at
msefi.com.

Here are some pictures of the bracket and wheel on my TR7 project with a
2.3 Ford turbo engine and EDIS/ Megasquirt.
http://users.adelphia.net/~jimmble/index/assembly.html
Scroll down the page a bit to get to them.

I'd like to either be able to buy a prefabbed crankwheel/ front pulley
or I'll just have to come up with one myself for the TR6.

It has been done a few times in different ways by people here.

Jim Franks