[6pack] Six inch speakers?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Six inch speakers?
From: <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:46:32 -0400
Hey list;

Some of your browse through TR6 stuff on eBay, from time to time. On the list
of parts amnd sellers is a guy who typically sell the "kidney pads" into which
many lister mount their radio speakers. he sell them with  NO holes or with 4"
holes. I asked him what about mounting six inch speakers -- how could someone
accomplish that with a four inch dia. mounting hole? He answered: "Can't be
done, use smaller speakers!" I know I have seen many folks with six inch
speakers mounted in their tranny-side "kidney" panels -- did you buy panels
with NO holes then cut your own to suit?

Thanks for any insights.

Dave
'74-Six
Maine