Re: [6pack] [TR] Interesting times at the DMV

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Interesting times at the DMV
From: steve bridge <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:55:40 +0000
from South Dakota...     I bought a 1959 Sprite for $200. That was the asking
price and I nearly ripped a hole in my pocket reaching for the cash. At the
courthouse, I presented the title and bill of sale. The gal got out a CPI
book, and knowing where she was going, I said:" You won't need that, it's not
for sale". "Oh, I don't want to buy it, I have to see if you paid enough and
then charge you sales tax on what it should have sold for".
 I replied that the bill of sale was a legal document and if she thought the
previous owner and I were in collusion, she should call the deputy and have me
arrested, otherwise, she had to recognize it. "I'll have to ask" she said and
went to the rear office.   She came back and said:" Just this once"

> Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:38:03 -0600
> From: dramsey11@alltel.net
> To: 6pack@autox.team.net; DLylis@aol.com
> Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Interesting times at the DMV
>
> I marvel at your self control.  I'm afraid I might have gone over the
counter.  That really is crazy.  In all the states I've lived you have to
provide a signature next to the odometer statement because, ultimately,
mileage is whatever you, the owner, attests that is.  Under penalty of fraud.