Re: [6pack] [TR] Interesting times at the DMV

To: <TR6UO@aol.com>, <slbridge@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Interesting times at the DMV
From: "Kevin McNelis" <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:50:33 -0700
Wanna hear a horror story about the DMV, NOT LBC?

My mother- and father-in-law gave (as in free) my 17 year old daughter a '93
Mercury Cougar XR7.  Landau top, chrome rocker panels, a real pimp-mobile.

Ever try to register a free car?  Since in-laws last name is different, we
actually were accused of fraud!

There happened to be a uniformed highway patrolman in the DMV at the time,
and thankfully wife (who never throws away ANYTHING) had her old military ID
from when she was a kid with her maiden name on it.  Highway patrolman
'splained to the clerk that it was OK, and he would take responsibility if
anything went wrong....

Kevin
CC82183U  (Steve, does the U stand for Underdrive?)

L. Kevin McNelis, PhD, CPA

New Mexico State University
505-646-2485