Re: [6pack] TR6 - Help Wanted

To: dctr6@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 - Help Wanted
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 10:23:08 -0500
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM, <dctr6@optonline.net> wrote:

>  I've just returned from a 2,630 mile Southern trip to The Mitty at Road
> Atlanta, some touring around Charlotte and a trip to the NC shore, all in my
> TR6.  All went extremely well until about 100 miles from home.  The car
> starts and idles fine, and runs in the low revs OK but will not run over
> 4000 RPM. It just seems to choke - it made the long hills on I-81 in
> Pennsylvania a real chore - I'd get going 75-80 mph at the bottom of the
> hill and would barely be doing 55-60 at the top - it just wouldn't go any
> faster. I checked for the obvious (vacuum hoses disconnected, etc) but found
> nothing. My only theory so far is a possible carb problem (possibly a torn
> diaphragm in one carb?) but I can't get the car into the shop to check it
> out  until next week.  Any other ideas where to look?  Thanks.

Something similar happened to a friend on the way to VTR in PA. He had
checked out the car before the trip, including checking the timing. But, he
forgot to re-tighten the distributor clamp bolt, and the timing adjusted
itself on the fly. The further we drove, the harder it was for his car to
climb. Until we found the problem. Hope yours is something simple like this.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL