Re: [6pack] TR6 - Help Wanted

To: dctr6@optonline.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 - Help Wanted
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 18:02:20 GMT
DCTR6---Where to begin? Air, fuel, spark or compression? One or more of these,
to be sure. As always, I'd check the easy ones fiirst.
 Open the dist. cap to see if the point gap has closed up. (This can happen
more easily when changing to new points, as the nylon rubbing block wears off a
high spot) A closing gap will retard the timing.
A check with a timing light can confirm the loss of advance.

A partially clogged fuel filter (or any other drop in fuel volume) can cause
the same loss of power at elevated rpm.

Do a run without the air filters, if these are suspect.

Lastly, if nothing shows up, do a compression test. If one or more cylinders is
down in pressure, then do a leak-down test to get more info as to engine area.

Let us know what you find!

Dick