Re: [6pack] Tire Pressures

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Tire Pressures
From: Henri Lefebvre <75teer6@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:19:50 -0600
Dick,

Can you expand on your choice of tires that you mention in your
message reproduced below?

Front: 195-65, Rear: 205-70

It seems that the diameter is different front & back, as well as the width.
What is your reasoning and experience with that choice?
Is it particular to the suspension?
Are you pleased with that comdination?
Would you change that combination in the future?

Looking forward to learn more.

Henri
75 TR6, triple webers

=================================
RE:  Dick Taylor wrote:

Dave---Triumph must've wanted us to have a boulevard ride (lots of
compliance) when suggesting that the tire pressures be this low. The
sidewalls were so tall that there was very little danger of bending a
rim if hitting a pothole. If running with a shorter sidewall, such as
the 70 series, or shorter profile, then the odds of damage goes up
with such low pressures. More pressure and the shorter sidewall also
means better handling, which many of us want.  I keep mine around
28lb. (195-65) in front and 30lb. (205-70) in the rear. The ride is a
little jiggly on our deteriorating roads, unless there is lots of
stuff in the car, like on trips carrying suitcases, bowling balls,
etc. Semi-comp springs adds to the stiffness.

Dick