Re: [6pack] It can be done

To: Lee Daniels <lee@automate-it.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] It can be done
From: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 18:11:56 GMT
Lee---This topic pops up every now and then, and there's so many variables that
contribute. Here's a few:
Road congestion.
Top gear ratio (4th only, O.D or 5 speed)
Average speed during mileage check.
State of engine tune.
Additives in the pump gas being burned.

Here in the stop-and-go Los Angeles area, I'm doing good to get 15mpg in town.
If I behave, this can go up to 26 on the highway. (5 speed) On a recent trip to
Idaho and back, I kept a close check and for the 2,800 miles, used 111 gallons
of gas. A shade over 25mpg. (and less than a quart of 20W-50)

As they say, YMMV.

Dick
'73