Re: [6pack] It can be done

To: Lee Daniels <lee@automate-it.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] It can be done
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 12:06:23 -0700 (PDT)
I know I'm no longer part of the hobby, but this discussion made me giggle.

I have an old TR6 ad that bragged about fuel economy of 16 MPG in town and 21
on the highway. Gotta remember these are archaic engines with so-so fuel and
ignition systems. The best I ever did economy-wise (not that I ever worried
about it) was maybe 17 MPG. If we want fuel economy we would be driving around
in old 3 cylinder Chevy Sprints. (So slow that it you go buy bananas in one of
these, make sure they're really green.)

It would be interesting to know what mileage the folks with TBI motors get.

Missing the hobby.
Jim