Re: [6pack] Rear tube shock conversion

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Rear tube shock conversion
From: Greg Lemon via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 12:52:55 -0500
Cc: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>

--00000000000001c81d05a5630507

On Mon, May 11, 2020, 12:20 PM Mark J Bradakis via 6pack <
6pack@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Back in the summer of 1990, maybe '91, my wife and I took a vacation in
> Wales and England.  And gosh, somehow our trip just happened to coincide
> with the TR Register's 21st annual gathering.  That was an amazing
> event, relly  enjoyed it.
>

> "Anyway, we came within a minute or two of missing our flight back to the
> States because the customs guys at Heathrow were absolutely, positively
> certain that the bright yellow metal cylinders in my suitcase, the Spax
> shocks, were actually some sort of bombs.
>
> mjb."
>
> Mark,

Should have grabbed the shock back and pushed and pulled to demonstrate
damping action, I am not sure if everybody would have taken cover, but you
probably would have ended up in handcuffs, at least for a bit.

Similar story, friend was bringing back a turbocharger for a BMC A series.
There was a lot of hemming and hawing about whether it should be allowed on
the plane.  Ultimately the airport guys asked if the part was ever exposed
to petrol.  My friend decided the pragmatic answer would be "no", and they
let him and the parts through.

Greg Lemon
Still has his TR250

--00000000000001c81d05a5630507

class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, May 11, 2020, 12:20 PM Mark J Bradakis via 6pa=
ck &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6pack@autox.team.net";>6pack@autox.team.net</a>&gt;=
 wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8=
ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Back in the summer of 1990,=
 maybe &#39;91, my wife and I took a vacation in <br>
Wales and England.=C2=A0 And gosh, somehow our trip just happened to coinci=
de <br>
with the TR Register&#39;s 21st annual gathering.=C2=A0 That was an amazing=
event, relly=C2=A0 enjoyed it.<br><br>
 to the <br>
States because the customs guys at Heathrow were absolutely, positively <br=

certain that the bright yellow metal cylinders in my suitcase, the Spax <br=

shocks, were actually some sort of bombs.=C2=A0<br>
mjb.&quot;<br>
=3D"auto">Should have grabbed the shock back and pushed and pulled to demon=
strate damping action, I am not sure if everybody would have taken cover, b=
ut you probably would have ended up in handcuffs, at least for a bit.</div>=
nging back a turbocharger for a BMC A series.=C2=A0 There was a lot of hemm=
ing and hawing about whether it should be allowed on the plane.=C2=A0 Ultim=
ately the airport guys asked if the part was ever exposed to petrol.=C2=A0 =
My friend decided the pragmatic answer would be &quot;no&quot;, and they le=
"auto"><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=