Re: Urgent - gotta find an air cleaner!

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Urgent - gotta find an air cleaner!
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:59:55 EDT
Jerome,
    That might work, but I question whether any additional restriction of air
wouldn't make the mixture go extra rich at idle and low speeds.  Years ago, I
built an air-box and forced air to my twin Zeniths thru heater-blower tubing
from the front grill of my Minx 6 (Rapier 2 alloy head engine), and I fouled
the plugs immediately.  When (finally) running at speed, there was a definate
improvement in performance...idling, it again fouled the plugs to a
standstill.
Jim Leach   PTC  Seattle