Re: Chemical Stripper

To: CANISDOG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Chemical Stripper
From: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 22:05:19 -0400
Yes, the paint stripper will affect any body filler that is on the car.
We use aircraft paint remover...on a good hot sunny day it will work
like a charm and pull any paint and filler fight off the car. Heat is
the key.

Removing the body filler shouldn't be a problem for any good bodyman.
Actually, I went through this on Brian's car. I didn't want to remove
the body filler and Jan insisted that we did. Good thing too, the body
filler was hiding some nasty rust that would have come back to bite us
in the butt on down the road. Jan had no problem repairing the rust and
refilling any body damage and it didn't take more than a couple of 4
hour days to get filled back to it's correct shape.

I would think that sanding the car down would take forever...I guess it
depends on how it's done. Some corse grit paper on a grinder ought to do
the job in a hurry :-)