Noisy throw out bearing

To: <Alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Noisy throw out bearing
From: "Tony Leeming" <tleeming@island.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:44:42 -0700
To Bill Lewis et al.
When I replaced my throw out bearing with a Green Bearing
(roller), I experienced a churping sound also. I believe Chuck had
the same problem  plus one other chap. I talked to a VW mechanic
who advised that they had the same problem on one of their models.
They solved the problem by drilling a small hole thru the bell
housing and sprayed dry graphite on the bearing with a small tube
sprayer. I did not go to that trouble, but carefully sprayed the
dry graphite thru the fulcrum opening in the bellhousing with the
engine idling.
It shut up!
Worth a try, Bill
Tony