Re: Noisy throw out bearing

To: chuck nicodemus <armorseal@iccom.com>,
Subject: Re: Noisy throw out bearing
From: Paul Heuer <paul.heuer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:12:03 +0930
chuck nicodemus wrote:

> Paul Heuer wrote:
>
> > Bill, and other 'roller bearing' bods,
> >
> > I followed Tony Leeming's advice and it worked for me!
> >
> > I had trouble finding a spray pack of graphite, but a locksmith ordered
> > can for me. The spray carrier must be something that won't harm the
> > friction
> > surface of the clutch (ie no silicon).
> >

> Paul, just don't do what a fellow did by spraying the brakes to cut out the
> noise>>>>>>AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh crunch
> chuck

Now, don't get me started on brake squeal!!!!

I bought the car, crap brakes, no squeal.
Overhauled the calipers, new pistons, seals, rubber pipes. Same pads &
discs (looked very good)
Squeeeeel.
Thought it might take a while to bed in. Two years later, no good.
Chamfered the pads, no good.
Used antisqueal goo, no good.
Next up is making up some brass shims as per S1/II Alpines. grrrr
Cheers,
Paul
S3, hear me coming....