Re: Overheating

To: "Marc Stenchever" <Marcsten@prontomail.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overheating
From: "kreg" <kregkallenberger@home.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 15:11:19 -0600
Well, Thanks for all the input on the strange heating problem.  It turned
out to be a combination of things.  The PO had the expansion tank for the
radiator completely topped of which is a no-no, and air trapped in the
system.  There was no room to expand and it was causing it to exhibit of
over heating and that was exacerbated by the fact that the gauge was reading
about 30 degrees F too high. I performed all the standard cross checks on
boiling water and sending unit elimination etc and drained water from the
expansion tank, burped the system and all seems well. I am going for a drive
with a good gauge that I had and I will further test.  Thanks again for all
the input and particularly to Dave McDermott in Colorado who explained some
idiosyncrasies of the Tiger sending unit placement.  It is running at @ 180
Kreg