Re: cam timing

To: <GSTROM99@aol.com>, "Alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cam timing
From: "Greg Locke" <glocke@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 11:56:05 +1300
Hi Gary,

There is cam shop here that will do it, but they just give the opening and
closing points for each valve. It is also $20 a pop, which isn't too bad but
adds up with a few cams to test. It was what I was originally going to do.
However, getting a graph like this shows up heaps of other info, like how
quick the cam opens the valves, how long it is near maximum lift etc. It
really shows up differences between two cams that may otherwise have similar
specs. It was also a fun project to try... but time wise I prob would have
been better off letting the pros do it. But spending the time is part of the
fun!

Greg