No Alpine Content (general auto help required)

To: alpines <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: No Alpine Content (general auto help required)
From: Alex & Peggy McGregor <apmcgregor@home.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 19:43:49 -0600
My daughter came home from school 400 miles away yesterday.  This morning she
went
out to start her 89 ford Probe (similar to Mazda MX3), heard a bang and quit.
When I looked, it had blown a spark plug out of the head.  Since he wants to
return Wednesday (and I don't want to give up my car until Xmas), we'll have to
try to fix it.

Normally I'd yank the head, get an insert installed & a valve job while at it.
Does anyone know if an insert can be installed with the head on the car?  I'm
too
cheap to pay someone to remove & replace the head.

My apologies for bombing the list with a @#$%^**& Ford question, but thanks in
advance.

Al McGregor
'60 S1