Re: Was now what to do with TOM PATTON

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was now what to do with TOM PATTON
From: MrZAG57@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:50:48 EST
In a message dated 3/5/1 1:12:13 AM, TIGEROOTES writes:

<<Tell that to Tom Patton...  SCCA  GT-2   National Champion, Sunbeam Tiger>>

Actually, Tom is one of my heroes. He exemplifies what SCCA Club racing
should be about. He got royally screwed at tech at last years runoffs. He has
repesented a Marque that is dead with the highest levels of loyalty and
dedication. AND whooped the factory asses to boot. I ran Barry out of
T-Shirts when they were last available.

The argument centered around whether the lowly Alpine was capable of whoopin'
ass on the track. It has digresssed to insults to it's heritage. ( Which is
odd seeing the Tiger came from the same place.) Let's remember when slinging
shit at the Alpines, that in their day, they did whoop ass against the other
LBCs.

As always happens when people want to start an argument on the list, someone
takes a potshot and it escalates.

My points stand as stated irregardless of potshots, facts are facts.

ZAG