Re: Hood Release

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hood Release
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:03:47 -0800
Tom writes:
>Is the early Alpine rod type hood release a direct
>replacement for the cable style (Series V) hood release?
>Has anyone done this swap?  Do you have to modify any of
>the brackets?  Thank you.

I've done this and I didn't really have a problem.  It's been a while.  So,
there might have been a minor adjustment or so.  I know Ian said they had
some issue.  All I can recall was that the rod lined up a little different
and I might have had to nudge the mounting plate near the handle a little
so that it would not bind.

Maybe mine was a fluke.

Jay