Re: Rootes Engines, and others

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rootes Engines, and others
From: schristie@mail.usfli.com (Scott E. Christie)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:06:10 -0500
Are we confusing Crosley (American) with Crossley (British) ?
The American company did build cars for a short period in the late 40's
early 50's, but is mainly known for their radios. Their COBRA engine was
unique in that all the parts were stamped steel. It powered very small
sedans, a wagon, and finally the Hot Shot "roadster". I'm not aware of any
ties the COBRA engine has to Crosley's refrigerators, washing machines, and
radios.
Scott Christie