Re: More Power from the 1725

To: Greg Locke <glocke@ihug.co.nz>
Subject: Re: More Power from the 1725
From: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 06:43:33 -0800
Y'know, Smitty has a Holbay head and we were puzzling over the smaller
intake ports recently.  He thought that going from a large carb opening
to a small intake port would increase the velocity of the air/fuel mix.
Wouldn't that contribute to better torque?

I think that somebody else (apologies for not remembering who) wrote
yesterday that the intent of the Holbay head was to make better low-end
torque rather than high-end horsepower.

Regards

David Sosna
56 S4 GT V6