Re: Blade trough hood!

To: "Steve Sage" <fastsage@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Blade trough hood!
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:43:18 -0700
Steve Sage wrote:

In addition to being a lot safer, it made a noticeable
> difference in getting the car to run cooler. I think anyone still using
> the stock four blade fan needs to look into changing it out, for both
> safety and cooling reasons.

No kidding. I have seen at least 2 hoods in spare parts piles with the
telltale hole and personally know 3 people this happened to, not to mention
all of the people on this list who have mentioned this. The fans are just
old and fatigued and were failing in the late 70's. How many more miles can
they really go? I use the early style fans which I have never heard of
failing. I can't imagine anyone continuing to use the 4 bladed fan with its
recognized trend toward catastrophic failure. God forbid it happened while
someone was adjusting their carbs or adding coolant, or any other reason to
be standing over an open engine bay.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: