Re: Spridgets in DP / rule clarification

To: "Kendall F Jones" <mrjones2@ix.netcom.com>, <autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spridgets in DP / rule clarification
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:35:14 -0600
>> Here is a copy of a message sent to Denver.  Thought this may be a change
>> of pace for the usual topics on this list ;-)
>>
>> KJ

<snip>
>> > PS - On the matter of the Baby Grands in DP.  I am against this.  I can
>> > barely keep tabs on the competitor's cars that I know (spridgets).  How
>> > will I be able see if a Baby Grand is cheating?  Please put them in
>> > Modified - They can run tires that are not made of concrete & have fun.
--------------------------------
Umm, okay.  Apparently cheaters _do_ prosper.  ;^)

As to the Baby Grands, yes I believe that they should indeed be in a Mod
class since they are in no way based off of any "production" vehicle as all
Prepared cars are supposed to be and therefore truly should fall into the
Modified classes.

Whaddayall think?  BM or DM?  They weigh 1500 pounds and have 1200cc motors.
Maybe a little too heavy to be competitive in BM but they do seem to fall in
nicely with the DM cars. Especially when the comparable, by design (being
scaled down reproductions) and basis of manufacture, Legends cars are
already classed into DM

Unless you're a DM competitor and then, of course, they should land
elsewhere.   ;^)

Just my 2 cents, again.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Running my rig around ninety-five
Rockin' and rollin' in overdrive
My heart's beating like a jackhammer
It's the midnight ride for the gear jammer
"Gear Jammer"  George Thorogood & The Destroyers