Re: Fw: Spridgets in DP / rule clarification

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, "John Lieberman" <johnlee@softdisk.com>,
Subject: Re: Fw: Spridgets in DP / rule clarification
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 00:33:35 -0800
-->>Yes but were the Legends cars racing on their "spec" BFG Radial TA
tires?
>>If so then they possibly weren't running up to their total performance
>>potential.
>
>And should not be allowed to.  Spec tires is what makes the Legends concept
>work.  Sticky tires will serve only to let them roll over.
>
>Phil Ethier    Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
---------------------------------------
Why not?  Isn't that a driver issue?  I've been told that it's quite
possible to easily roll a Neon if driven very imprudently but that hasn't
excluded them.  Besides, the very similar BabyGrands have Goodyear slicks as
their "spec" tires.  Yes, apparently they have rolled a few times but that
was probably due to gross driver error and could easily be fixed by
adjusting weight limits or allowing track width adjustments.

I thought, and as hard as it is to believe I've been wrong before, that the
primary reasoning behind the BFG Radial TAs on the Legends was to keep the
costs to the racers down a little.

I personally like 'em both and would love to own one of each.  I also think
that they would have gobs of spectator appeal and therefore quite possibly
bring more drivers into our ranks.  And _that's_ a good thing.

That is all.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Running my rig around ninety-five
Rockin' and rollin' in overdrive
My heart's beating like a jackhammer
It's the midnight ride for the gear jammer
"Gear Jammer"  George Thorogood & The Destroyers