Re: 1999 Cobra Autox Classification

To: Carl Couric <carlc@iname.com>
Subject: Re: 1999 Cobra Autox Classification
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 08:27:50 -0800
Carl,

What you have to remember is that this car isn't out yet.  Why would we
class it if we don't know what the final version will look like?  With the
rumors of the demise of the F-bodies earlier in 1998, Ford may have
developed this car as a Corvette competitor...IRS, 350hp+, 9" wide
wheels...who knows?  The probability of that happening is slim but it
COULD.

BTW:  The T-Bird has NOTHING to do with the Mustang in MY consideration of
where it should go.  Would you be taking a chance in ordering a $27K car
without REALLY knowing where they will fit in Stock...I would say so!  (As
long as you planned on stock...)

***The opinions expressed above do not NECESSARILY represent the
opinions of the NER or the SCAC.***

Andy Bettencourt
Solo II Stock Class Advisory Committee
Chief Operating Steward, NER
1995 Mazda RX7 R2 - Super Stock
1966 Sunbeam Tiger MK 1A

I would like to remind the "board" that the T-Bird with IRS is already
allowed in FS. Just because no one raced them at Nationals is not a reason
to kill the Mustang with IRS.

Camaro 5.7L V8  =  Mustang 4.6L V8 with IRS
Massive torque vs. Less torque with more grip.

Just a thought.
Carl
                        --- Home Page of ---
 - Equipe Rapide Sports Car Club (ER) in West Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale
 - South Florida Sports Car Assoc. (SFSCA) in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
                            http://carlc.boca.net
          Why do I live in Florida? So I can race all year long!

                   *** South Park Racing ***
          Oh my God! You've killed a CONE... You B*st*rd!