Re: 1999 Cobra Autox Classification

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 1999 Cobra Autox Classification
From: Carl Couric <carlc@iname.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 09:31:17 -0500
At 07:51 PM 1/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
>At 11:10 AM 1/7/99, Carl Couric wrote:
>

>>I would like to remind the "board" that the T-Bird with IRS is already
>>allowed in FS.
>
>and it weighs ... how much more???  It's wheelbase is  ... how much
>longer???

Hello, MCFLY... Its a FOX box... Ford used the same platform on the
T-Bird as it did on the Mustang... As to weight, the T-Bird has bit more
but its a better balance. We use to have a guy race one in F-Stock
and ran really good. He then switched to a X-COP LTD and did even
better...

>  And the torque/hp numbers are ... what again??? What???
>massively LESS than the 99 Cobra???

The older T-Birds matched the Mustang back in 91/92/93. My Point is, they
already have allowed a IRS car into F-Stock. I am defending against "Lets
move it to X-Stock because it has IRS" (where X = Super or A).

>> Just because no one raced them at Nationals is not a reason
>>to kill the Mustang with IRS.
>
>Uhhh, Carl ... I don't know how to tell you this ... but they are NOT the
>same car.

Same platform, same parts, different body styles. True, they are not the
same car, but from the same argument nether was the Dodge Stealth the
same car as a Mitisubishi VR4.

>Jim Rohn
>feeling fiesty today :-)

I really don't care, I run CP/ESP. I'd just use it for wheel chock (no,
that's what a miata is for <grin>).

feeling fiesty today as well <grin>.
Carl
                        --- Home Page of ---
 - Equipe Rapide Sports Car Club (ER) in West Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale
 - South Florida Sports Car Assoc. (SFSCA) in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
                            http://carlc.boca.net
          Why do I live in Florida? So I can race all year long!

                   *** South Park Racing ***
          Oh my God! You've killed a CONE... You B*st*rd!