Re: S2000 Classing

To: BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu, autox@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: S2000 Classing
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 12:54:51 EST
Brad Burns wrote:

> In the current AS we
>  have several cars which can be competitive, such as the MR2T, 968, 911,
>  944S2, Boxster, M3, Z3 Coupe (and maybe Roadster)

IMO the BMW 2.8 Z3 roadster can be just as competitive as the 2.8 coupe; They
have the same suspension, drivetrain, and general specs, and all '99 Z-series
vehicles get the Torsen LSD (originally looked like only the coupes got it).
I really don't think the stiffer coupe chassis makes that much difference on a
60 second autox course.  Besides, I only bought a coupe because for me the
hassles of a unsecure, leaking soft-top outweigh any potential top down
enjoyment.

Besides, you know what they say about autox drivers looking like their cars
:-)

M Sipe
  - diamond in the ruff?