Re: road racers vs. autocrossers

To: "Alan Dahl" <alanbdahl@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: road racers vs. autocrossers
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:38:31 -0600
>IMHO autocrossing is the sport that is "harder" and requires the most
>skill and concentration. A 60-second autocross is like a little slice of
>an F1 race intensity-wise. Compared to that your average road race is
>very calm. BTW just imagine autocrossing for 2 hours straight and you
>have idea what F1 is like! How those guys do it is beyond me!

=============================
At our awards banquet I arrived late so I had to sit at a table full of road
racers.  After a couple drinks and a lot of conversation I told them that I
envied them.  Why, you ask?  Because _their_ courses rarely ever change.
Ours on the other hand are different at every event and we never quite "get
it right".

>I've also always thought that autocrossers would make good bobsled
>drivers but I have yet to test that theory either. Wonder where I could
>borrow a bobsled? :-)
>
>- Alan Dahl
>
>P.S. I would expect that F1 racers and bobsledders would make good
>autocrossers too :-).
==============================
I dunno about the bobsled thing.  I have visions of the Jamaican bobsled
team and all of their heads bobbing in different directions while wearing
those cute knit caps to hold their dreds in and listening to old Bob Marley
songs.  ;^)

Hmm, might be fun after all.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC