Re: road racers vs. autocrossers

To: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: road racers vs. autocrossers
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:39:50 -0800
That's all well and good, Paul, if your region is big enough to have
separate autox and road racing programs.  But, here in Red River, we
only have about 75 members.  We have no road course nearby, so the few
road racers we do have must travel to Texas World Speedway in College
Station or Hallett near Tulsa.  They contribute absolutely nothing,
financially, to the region except for their regional dues.  And that
goes, primarily, into the cost of the newsletter.  Yet they still get
Regional year-end trophies.  However, they're exactly the same as the
trophies the autoxers get.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman