Re: suburban rear doors

To: "Kevin Brown" <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: suburban rear doors
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 21:48:38 -0500
>Two piece hatch -- part with glass goes up, bottom part goes down.  That's
what
>we have on our '96 Tahoe (Suburban is the same way).  I much prefer that
style
>to the doors because you don't have the big vertical strip blocking your
view in
>your rearview mirror and if you are hauling something that is so long that
it
>sticks out the back, you can just close the top half and leave the bottom
have
>open.  Also, with the hatch you have a rear window washer / wiper that
isn't
>available with the doors -- that window gets very dirty when you are
driving in
>a light rain.

All true.  But I'll take the French doors anyway.  I had the setup you
describe on the 1970 Suburban and got really tired of climbing over the
tailgate all the time.  A real pain in the knees.

Is it time to move this to the "tow-vehicle" list yet?

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/