Re: Contingency/apocalypse info

To: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>, "washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Subject: Re: Contingency/apocalypse info
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:57:54 -0500
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
>Another sign:
>
>Yesterday when I left work, I looked under the Spridget to check the oil
>spot.
>Nothing.
>I was alarmed; this could only mean that all of the oil had leaked out on
>my way to work.  I opened the bonnet and pulled the dipstick. Full.
>
>The end is near.

I saw your car last Friday night.  But I didn't see you.  It was in the Parc
Expose' for the Great River Road Rally.  Did you run the rally?  Or were you
there for the adjacent Classic Cruisers and they threw the car into Kellogg
Park?  Seriously, we have to take your car to the CC together some night.
My Lotus is too new if they are still using the 1965 guideline.  Then again,
that Cobra was too new.  No way it was a genuine AC car.  Then yet again, I
suppose some of those street rods are fiberglass, too.

The apparent owner of the more modern Spridget (glass side windows!) parked
next door said he had sent you up to look at the Audi TT.  I had seen that
TT on the street earlier in the day whilst I was waiting for a bus home.

Were the street-rodders jealous that you rally folks got to use the park
instead of the blocked-off Kellogg Boulevard?

No, I kid those guys, but they have great fun and the MSRA is about the
biggest outfit of its type.  Their State Fairgrounds event is national-known
and draws many thousands of rods from all over the country.  Makes the Solo2
nationals look small-time :-).

You should be able to go the with the Spridget.  After all, one of their
guys autocrossed his Packard a couple of times!

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/