left foot braking

To: "'Autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: left foot braking
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:20:47 -0500
My brother and I share cars, and have for the last 15 years.  He is on/off
and I left foot brake.  We are within thousandths of a second consistently
on most courses.  Seldom do we get outside the hundredths of a second apart.
Our lines are different on corner entry but seldom on exit.  I am faster on
slaloms and abrupt offsets, he is faster in sweeping curves, we seem to be
the same in slow rhythmic maneuvers.  We both grew up dirt tracking on the
farm, he likes to toss the car I like to slide it gently.  I'm convinced it
doesn't matter as long as you turn in a "good" time, do what works best for
YOU.  We try to hit all inside cones, if we do we speed up until we start
hitting all the outside cones.

I drove a road course the other day and found myself doing the heel and toe
again after all these years just because it felt right and left foot braking
didn't.

James Rogerson
Houston

"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Earl Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and are unable to have meaningful
relationships with women" - Joseph Heller
"Today (June 2, 1935) is a great day in history, for the first time a
civilized country has registered all guns.  Our streets will be safer and
the police will be more efficient." - Adolf Hitler
TLS #18; Old Farts #86  [Too many cars to list]