Re: Left foot braking

To: engstrom@onramp.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Left foot braking
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 01:30:03 EDT
"Not That"  John Engstrom writes:

>  1) How many of you that have a choice left foot brake (AM, CM, FM - I
>  guess you HAVE to) ?

I do.  Since '77

>  2) What kind of cars do you drive?

Stock Sciroccos, Hondas, RX-7, MR-2, SP RX-3s mostly.  I'll probably left
foot brake a CP Mustang in the next century...

>  3) For those of you who left foot brake, is it common to use a little
> braking with the left foot to control speed in the middle and end of a turn?

In the middle, yes, but only in FWD cars, and what I'm really trying to
control is the car's rotation, not its speed.  If you're using it at the end
of a corner, you've done something wrong on corner entry.

>  4) For those of you who left foot brake, is it common to use both brake and
>  throttle modulation in a slalom?

Only in FWD cars.

CHD