Re: a question

To: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Subject: Re: a question
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:18:51 -0400
>Exactly. As I said, this does not apply to everyone. And I will be the
>first to say (and demonstrate) that nothing I say applies to FWD.

Well, I don't know about nothing - braking first, maintaining speed through
the corner, then getting on the gas as you straighten out is how you do it
in any car.  It's the specifics of what you do when and how you do it that
vary.

>But that is one reason that a general statement from someone to a group
>of people about driving technique can not take into account every kind
>of car, every kind of corner, and every kind of driver.

Exactly.  Like my codriver and me.  He's far more aggressive and less
smooth.  I'm smoother but less aggressive.  Each of us has beaten the other
once by .3 second at the two events we've driven together so far this
season.  Even different individual driving styles aren't necessarily
consistently faster or slower in equal cars - or, in my case, the same car.

    - Justin