Re: a question

To: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: a question
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 08:17:41 -0700
Justin said:
>>"Point and squirt"
>
>This works great in a Mustang or Camaro.  It definitely does not work in my
>low powered BMW!  Handling is its strong point, so my technique is

Guess I shoulda kept the SVO thang to myself!  <grin>  Wouldn't have fooled
Justin, though, 'cause as the founder of TSOL he knows what I drive (I'm a
member, too).

As I've said several times, my lesson about P&S came from a very talented
*MIATA* driver.  Looked around a bit on the web, found lotsa information
saying what a great car the Miata is, and what a great autox car the Miata
is, etc., but didn't readily find a specs page for the car "right out of the
box"!  So I don't *know* what its peak hp @ x rpm or peak torque @ x rpm
are -- and yet I don't expect that they're even similar in those four areas
to a Vette, Maro, Bird or Stang.

So again I say, that the notion of P&S came from Miataville, not from the GM
and Ford HQs of "gobs of torque and horsepower" as alleged.  :]    I simply
applied it to my humble four cylinder Fords (there, that sounds better,
doesn't it?).  And it sure worked for me.

Richard Nichols
rnichol1@san.rr.com
San Diego, California, USA

1986 Mustang 2.3L (see, this sounds better, yes?)
1972 Ford Pinto 2.0L (and this, too?)