Re: Neon impaired...

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Neon impaired...
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 10:03:19 -0400
"Mark J. Andy" wrote:
> All DOHC models (ACR Coupes, All R/T's, Most Sport's) as well as some SOHC
> models (ACR Sedan & the other Sports) are in DS.  The rest (all SOHC's
> without rear swaybars) are in ES.
>
> In DS, only the ACR has legally slotted struts for camber adjustment.  The
> others (R/T's and Sports) can get there, but they gotta use crash bolts to
> do it.  Most every neon in DS is an ACR Coupe.
>
> Comparing the R/T and the ACR coupe, the only differences are that the ACR
> has slotted Konis where the R/T has non-slotted whatevers, the ACR has
> 10mm hub flanges where the R/T has 8mm, and the ACR might have a bit less
> weight depending on options on each.
>
> The hub differences only really apply to roadracing and it was a
> durability mod.  So, your buddy's R/T could be competitive if you get
> decent struts and crash bolts.

Okay, I'm missing something ...

I remember from when the Neon ACR first hit the streets that one of the
ACR features, and probably a huge advantage for autocross, was lower
gearing than the other Neons.

Am I wrong?  It's possible.  If that was true back then, what's the
status now?  Do all Neons still have the same gears?

Josh