ST @ Nationals

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: ST @ Nationals
From: "Lance Schueneman"<lances@wt.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:10:07 +500
I've read what Larry has to say and I'd have to agree with him that if SCCA is
going to introduce a class in one year and have it at Nationals and then turn
around the next year and totally ignore it at Nationals is stupid. To say that
the SCCA has too many classes is BS. If there's so many, then why did they add
these? Many local regions (ours included) did not have the class last year,
but the interest was there for it and they have since included it this year.
In fact at the local level, the ST turnout is larger than most of the stock
classes now. We haven't had a good showing at Divisionals and National Tours
because most of these ST people aren't the diehard, hardcore Solo 2 people (like
myself), but those of us who are willing to travel to the big events are there.

I'd like to see ST run at the Nationals this year, and I'd go ahead and make
my reservations if it is, but until I know for sure, I'm not going to move on
it. My car was not as competitive in DS as I'd like (SOHC ACR Sedan). In ST,
I'm having fun and doing well, which is much better than just having fun, right?

Just my $0.03 from the ST class winner @ SOWDIV Divisionals in Lake Charles.

Lance Schueneman
96 ACR Sedan