Re: Turbo guys get screwed again

To: "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com>, "Joshua Hadler" <jhadler@rmi.net>
Subject: Re: Turbo guys get screwed again
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:08:40 -0500
> However, if the DSM cars really are the only cars that are effected
>by
>this ruling. Then why not let them stand as they have been and change
>the way future cars are classed.
=======================
Here's kind of a silly question.  Does the SCCA have no more provisions
for "grandfathering" in cars that were "built" before the rules changed?

I know that in club racing aluminum roll cages are no longer allowed but
the ones that were built prior to "X" date are still allowed.

Is grandfathering even a feasible possibility?

They (SCCA, SCAC, SEB, NRA, AARP, SPCA, Whomever) cannot expect people
to keep changing (read as costing more money) a car that was legal under
last years rules just because a rule got changed this year.  Can they?

Just a thought.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Mustang Sally,
guess you better slow your Mustang down.
"Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett