Re: Turbo guys get screwed again

To: dg50@chrysler.com
Subject: Re: Turbo guys get screwed again
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:19:00 -0700
        All of this back and forth about "we're getting screwed" and "this is
biased" and "shut up and stop whining" is simply going in circles. Mr.
Grant seems to have been the only one so far to actually propose and
alternate to this rule wording. Maybe I missed something else here,
could be, my delete finger is getting a blister.

        However, if the DSM cars really are the only cars that are effected by
this ruling. Then why not let them stand as they have been and change
the way future cars are classed. Not by changing the class that they're
placed in, I think the current ESP is an appropriate class for the DSMs.
But change the way the cars are listed. Right now the DSMs are listed as
a single line entry. Why not break up the listings so that 1st and 2nd
gen DSMs are listed on different lines? That achieves the same results.
        Now I personally feel that once the car has been allowed to be built,
you shouldn't shoot their owners in the foot. Why not just make it a
point to separate generations of turbo cars in the future? Seems a
simple enough thing to do, and would not require vast technical
knowledge on the part of the SEB or SPAG to do so.

        Ideas? Anyone?

        Geez, I can't believe I stepped into this thread...

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/