Re: How to get R tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How to get R tires
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 10:32:32 -0700
At 12:19 AM 6/18/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I've always been torn between supporting Tire Rack, with their very
>helpful and knowledgable sales force, and my local Discount Tire,
>with their quality tire installation equipment, willingness to try
>sizes, and cheaper prices (due to the lack of shipping and install
>charges).

Before everyone runs out to their local Discount Tire and insists on their
matching mail-order prices be aware that not all Discount Tire franchises
will do this. Some will, some won't. My local Discount Tire will not come
within $25 per tire of Tire Rack's prices or even the prices of their own
Discount Tire Direct.

- Alan Dahl
  ___   ____     Alan Dahl                  | home: adahl@eskimo.com
 /_ /   /  /     Federal Way, WA, USA       | work: Alan.Dahl@PSS.boeing.com