Auto x Timing and Scoring

To: <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: Auto x Timing and Scoring
From: "Mari L. Clements" <mlc4@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:43:34 -0400
>So, what _do_ regions do to help foster great drivers?
>1) Allow many more than 4 runs, though perhaps
>at added cost?  and/or not for points?

We allow 8--4 in your first heat (that counts for points) and costs $15 ($20
for nonSCCA members).  Second heats are $10 (no credit toward season
trophies).  Since we only have three heats, and you MUST work one (unless
you get someone else to volunteer to work an extra work assignment for you),
that's really the max.

>2) Encourage drivers to ride with each other?

Yes, we do that.

>3) Set up run groups so that top drivers can
>more easily ride with others?

Hmm, well, we have three heats, and it's up to you and that top driver you'd
like to have ride with you how you arrange that.  Generally speaking, our
third heat is heavy on the noncompetition/instructional runs.  We do make
the first set of runs that you are in the car count, and drivers must drive
before riding.

>4) Allow top drivers to drive others' cars,
>showing them how to take certain sections
>better?

Yes, we do that.

>5) Offer instruction from their top drivers at
>each event, perhaps for extra fees?

Completely informal, free, and dependent on who shows up.

>6) Offer multiple autox driving schools?

Nope, none.  But Susquehanna offers several, Philly has several, and North
Hills offers one.

mlc