Re: Using a in-car camera (Was: How does a region foster nationally

To: jmahoney@cyberstation.net, autox@autox.team.net, kennedy@i2.com,
Subject: Re: Using a in-car camera (Was: How does a region foster nationally
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:29:42 EDT
I think this a real stretch here. Looking at a video of a run is nothing like
being in the car. The feel is not there and the "sight picture" is greatly
abrieviated. The camera
turns with the car so you can't look ahead more than about a couple cones. You
really don't see the course, what you see is the mistake you made. Mostly
what I'm
looking at is my hand movement. Is it jerky or smooth. Where was the
tachometer
at the end of that straight. Thats the stuff I'm looking at and my camera is
adjusted to capture that. If I came in after my last run and showed you the
onboard video from my Sports 2000 do you really think it would make you
faster in a Neon ACR? Not a chance. The camera is just a tool. The same as a
GEEZ box or G-Analist, no different. The camera idea for me was a way to
improve myself quicker. Thats all I'm
after.

Mike(Don't screw with my camera)B. TLS#1