Re: Gravel/rocks and R tires?

To: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gravel/rocks and R tires?
From: whitney <whitneys@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:05:32 -0700
Unless you are using bias ply hoosier autocrossers, or the old radial
autocross compound, the current crop of R tires is not gummy enough to
seriously pick gravel and rocks.  In fact, the highway driving will clean
them off.

Even on my soft slicks, after a manual brushing, The drive wheels seem to
be fully clean by the first or 2nd turn, with the rears coming up to temp
and cleaning off in about 3 turns.

About all you might sacrifice would be 1-2 corners of the first run, and
this only if they were very dirty.

Stan Whitney
GS talon awd
DP CRX