Re: Gravel/rocks and R tires?

To: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: Re: Gravel/rocks and R tires?
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 21:36:50 -0500
If you think those R-compound tires pick up rocks, Brian, try driving
on Goodyear R-160 compound (or R-95, if you can get them) slicks!  As
soon as they start getting hot, they suck up gravel like a vacuum
cleaner!!!

As to your specific question, clean off all the rocks you can before
you make your first run and don't worry about all the little
indentations in the rubber.  Like Stan said, they and any remaining
rocks will be gone after your first couple of turns on the course.
The problem arises if there's a lot of gravel ON the course.  Your
tires will probably suck that up.  Even if the course is clean, you
may suck up gravel when you pull back into the pits or grid, since the
tires will be hot and sticky. Just clean them off and do it again!!
8<{)

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman