RE: where to find wheels

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: where to find wheels
From: Craig & Cynthia Naylor <magazine@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 09:47:36 -0700
I had the same problem trying to find rims for my Prism 14x5.5 39
offset.  In stock rims must be same size, in your case 15x6?, only
offset can differ by +or- .25 inch.  I went to Discount tire, the have a
book (Hollander I belive) that has pictures of all OM cars rims in it.
The front of the book has an index to look up by year & model, however
in the back of the book is a listing of rims by bolt patern 4x100, and
then by size 15x6 ect.  From this look up the other OM rims in the exact
same same size as yours.  Many list weights of the rims, the only
unknown is hub centric sizing, and not all list offset. In my case their
were about 25 choices, but none had offsets.  Unfortunatly the store
would not help me find the offsets.  I contacted 1-800-Used-Rim and they
helped me track down a set of rims for my car that fit all requirements.
I ended up with Mr 2, 1st Gen. alloy rims exactly 14x5.5 39mm, Cost me
$50.00 each.  The lowest price I found for new alloy OM rims for my
Prims were $425.00 EACH.  One dealer wanted $575.00 each.  With a little
leg work you can save some big bucks.

Craig Naylor
'90 Geo Prism GSi (ES)