Re: annual tech inspection

To: Hottvr@aol.com
Subject: Re: annual tech inspection
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 18:17:12 -0700
No tech inspection  I know of would have caught that. You had to remove bodywork
and other pieces to see it, and then it was only by chance it was noticed. On
top of that, many autocrossers are not familiar with Sp2000s and their problems.

    I tend to side on the annual tech idea. Many of the incidents where a wheel
comes off due a stud failure, or a clutch explodes are caused by a failure that
tech would not catch. For example, I'm sure both the Lotus Elan at last year's
nationals or Tommy Saunder's FF at the Texas Tour, went through tech inspection
at those events, yet wheels came off. Tech did not prevent it from happening.
--Pat Kelly