Re: annual tech inspection

To: Hottvr@aol.com
Subject: Re: annual tech inspection
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 22:57:36 EDT
Mike writes:

> Before today I might have been in favor of the "Annual Tech Inspection"
Idea.
> Not now though

I've been called over to tech on several occaisions recently by tech
inspectors who've caught safety items that they thought needed closer
scrutiny.   3 were inadequately tied down batteries, and the cars had all
been running for some time.  Several were "newly relocated" batteries since
the beginning of the respective years.

I think most autocrossers love their cars, but most do not over-maintain
them.  More than a few of them are under maintained.

I'll agree with those who point out that some failures won't be caught in any
tech inspection, however some problems will be caught in routine inspections
that won't be caught in annuals.  That's good enough reason not to do annuals.

CHD