Re: Yoko Nexus

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yoko Nexus
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 16:54:15 -0500

Jefrem Iwaniw wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Loren Williams wrote:
>         <snip>
> >
> > Yeah, availability.  It seems that almost all of the tires that we want
> > these days, especially new models, are out of stock.
>
> Nexus are becoming "out of stock" because Yokohama has discontinued
> them in favor of their new AVS sport.  That's why prices have been
> slashed (by about 50% since this time last year)...

Yeah, I heard they were discontinued.  Struck me as odd since they're a
fairly new tire.

Performance tire unavailability seems to run deeper than that, though.
This spring, when I was shopping for 16's, my choices for 205/50-16's
were very slim.  Ended up going with AVS Intermediates.  Really wanted a
set of those much cheaper Nexus tires!

Recently I ordered a set of P-Zeros only to find that they are also
univerally backordered and possibly discontinued in 15" sizes.

Kumho's are still in short supply in a lot of sizes, as are several of
the other popular tires.

It must be a communist plot to break our will by taking away our
favorite leisure activity.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://www2.southwind.net/~lsw
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca