Re: VHS vs. Beta

To: "Bill Bailey" <estock71@yahoo.com>, "Teamdotnet" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VHS vs. Beta
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 09:06:21 -0400
The Betacam (Professional quality) tape speed was known as "Beta 1"
for playback only on a Betamax machine. "Beta 2 & 3" were record and
playback at consumer speeds. Pro stuff has only one speed. But to get
more esoteric, Digital Beta heads spin at a rate 50% higher than
analog Beta. For the autocross content, we need to record Nationals in
Betacam (digital or analog).

Matt Murray

mailto:mattm@optonline.net
mailto:mdmurray@gwns.com